Remember those Pillsbury cans of cinnamon rolls with the plastic can of icing that you were served at childhood slumber parties? Those were great, but nothing like the homemade cinnamon rolls that some of our friends mom's used to make.... not only did they seem so easy to make, they were SO much better!
It has taken years, but I finally I found this incredible recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls on Pinterest and i've been making them on repeat ever since. They are just so easy to make and SO GOOD.
- 2 and 3/4 cups (345g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Red Star Platinum Yeast or any instant yeast (1 packet = 2 and 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk (I usually use skim)
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons (30-45ml) strong coffee (or use milk/cream instead)